"My life is to be lived to the fullest. My legacy to be carved throughout history. My heritage is to be a treasure of next generations".

March 28, 2012

Bengawan Solo from Indonesia Cultural Night 2012, Bloomington

As you might all know the song Bengawan Solo is a very popular Indonesian folk song. Written by Gesang, the tune has attracted many listener from around the world. The song itself was originally written in kroncong style, though now many arrangers have reworked variously.

This particular recording is my arrangement of Bengawan Solo with a western touch. I set up the arrangement to start gently featuring the harmonica as it portrayed a silhouette Indonesia's beauty by dawn. As it move on, the music gets to a more grandeur setting with the orchestra expanding in range and dynamics. This later part portrayed the might and magnificence of my beloved nation, Indonesia. Also, this is one of the first musics in which I play a harmonica.

I create this arrangement for a music performance in the event Indonesia Cultural Night @Bloomington this coming April, in which I am acting as the music director.

s'il vous plaƮt profiter!

No comments:

Post a Comment